Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Animal Color Conflict


Well obviously, one thing that really excited me about Harvest Moon: Animal Parade was the ability to have different colors of each animal.  While that was available in ToT, it wasn't nearly as "customizable".  Before I purchased the game, I was under the impression you were able to choose the color of your livestock.  Excited, I purchased animal after animal, never seeing the option to select my color. Devastated, I decided it was because the color was just randomized.  Then, in angst, I purchased 5 cows, thinking surely that would solve my problem.  I would get at least a little variation.

So I rode my horse, Andrea, back to my barn, ran inside and found: five spotted cows, all identical.  I could have cried.  I decided to search for some information online, and after finding some, I came across the realization that the only way to get the color other than default is to sprinkle miracle potion on livestock.  Stupid me.  

Nevertheless, I thought it would be dandy to inform all of you ranchers out there to the different colors of livestock:

Horse: Grey (default), White, Black, and Brown.
Cow: Black&White (default), Black, and Brown.
Sheep: White (default), and Black
Goat: White (default), and Black
Ostrich: Black (default)

All birds (aside from the ostrich) and the silkworms only have one available color (the default).

No comments:

Post a Comment